We went to Pirate Island today, which is pretty much a better version of Chuck E. Cheese. The pizza is really good (especially the Hawaiian with the cinnamon pineapple!), the salad bar was actually tolerable...not that it beats Brick Oven, and the games are a bit more mature. I got addicted to "Deal or No Deal" and the boys...well, honestly, they loved whatever would give them the most tickets (isn't that the best part?). Although I read the part in the menu that stated not to share the salad bar, I couldn't help but give Aubrey some tomatoes. She loves the things. And Icees were 75 cents that day, so of course each kid got their own too...except me.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Countdown to School: Day 7
We got almost 500 tickets, which was awesome. Except when the boys went to spend their tickets (after picking out a few toys for Aubrey), they kept picking the 10 and 20 ticket toys and treats, so by the time all was said and done, they each had like 8 little trinkets and candies. It was a fun time, I really have to say I love Pirate Island. Does it make me appear slightly immature to think it would make a great date?

Posted by
Kelli
at
7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I love the Deal or No Deal game! It's so the best! We won 40 tickets when we played it!! You are so the funnest mom!
Fun place! I totally need to check out this place when we come to Utah next. Jack tried a skee ball game once but instead of throwing the ball up the ramp, he threw it straight up and backwards and no one knew where it was going to land so we were all covering our heads and running in the middle of Chuck E Cheese... fun times. We don't play that game any more. That Hawaiian pizza sounds really good though!
It would make a great date! I think part of being a great mom is being able to identify and enjoy some of life's sillier things. Being responsible and worried definately comes with the whole adult/caregiver role we immediately inherit upon childbirth, but it is so sad when we forget to let go and enjoy ourselves in the way that our own children do. I love that they not only remind us of this daily but are willing to grab our hands and lead us down the path with them should we forget how!
You are so cute. It looks like a really fun place to go. You all looked so happy. You Miss Kelli, look fantastic too I must add.
You know, I read your whole entire post, and all I remember about it....Hawaiian pizza...*drool*...seriously. Why is everything about food for me??
And I think Pirate Island is so fun! The boys were bummed we didn't go last time we were there...so maybe in December? We'll get a babysitter for the kids and do a double date? Haha...I kid. My boys would not appreciate me leaving them behind :)
Oh, and P.S. I informed Pirate Island that you shared your salad bar and you've made it on their "list" of people to watch.
Post a Comment