Saturday, August 14, 2010

Countdown to School-Day 13

Tonight we had a pajama party with Christina and her kids. We learned about this fun idea from a friend of mine whose kids have a pajama party once a month with pizza, movies, and a special treat. The pajama party was meant to be a kids' party, but I think Christina couldn't resist the SpongeBob decorations. Either that or she just wanted to see me.

I got these decorations at the dollar store a few months ago, planning to use them for Hayden's birthday party, but since we only had a small family party I never used them. Til now. Even better, I found color-your-own-cookies at Target. With Spongebob. I know, awesome. Hayden was concerned about eating markers, but seeing everyone else using them without hestitation helped him change his mind.



Of course we started out the party with Papa Murphys pizza. And rootbeer (or Diet DP for me).


See the mess in the background? Everytime we have a pajama party the boys bring down ALL of their pillows and blankets and a ton of toys. And to think I spent the majority of the day cleaning up.
Preparing for the movie "Tooth Fairy." Appropriate since Hayden's second tooth is loose.


This is the only picture I got of Kade. He wasn't going for the whole camera thing.
After the movie, we finally broke out the food coloring markers and cookies. And hats. The kids did well sharing, seeing that five kids were coloring (if you count Aubrey, who sort of colored, but mostly the tablecloth and herself) and only four markers.





We ended the night with ice cream sundaes, complete with M&Ms and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. The kids had a blast, clean up was a breeze, and we're happy to have shared a fun evening with Christina and her kids. I love that Stina!

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How fun! My kids would have LOVED the decorations. I'm now on the hunt for color your own cookies! What a great idea. I might have to use that one of these days when we have nothing to do!

Stina said...

That was so fun and you are just the best party planner ever. My kids had a blast, and you're right--I couldn't resist hanging out with you. I'm glad Brent had softball games which gave me a night free and clear to hang out. And Stina loves that Kelli!

(Sorry I forgot to grab your camera and get some pictures of you. And you looked good too!!! Bummer. I'll do better next time!)

Celeste Pearson said...

Such a good idea! So do you let the kids sleep downstairs too? And those cookies look like fun! What a fun night :)

Melanie said...

Those cookies are great! What a fun idea. Did the kids like the movie? We haven't seen it yet and weren't sure if it was any goo.