I love Roman. He's been counting down his birthday for weeks and was SO. EXCITED. to finally turn 5. I'm not sure what is so magical about 5, but it seems like he's gone from my sweet little boy to my grown up boy overnight! Gasp - he's old enough for kindergarten!
Roman tries so hard to be just like Hayden, but I love that he also has his own cute personality. He is still slightly shy, but thanks to preschool he is more independent and confident. And he's learned that Lovey stays up in his bed for bedtime (which, for those of you who know Roman, this is a huge step!). He knows he's cute, and when he does something wrong, he smiles and gives big puppy dog eyes hoping to get away with another crime. Here I thought he wasn't manipulative, but I've learned he's manipulating me with his cuteness! Must. Stay. Strong!
Roman's birthday was slightly like any other day. Except he got to bring popsicles to his friends at school. By this time I was all cupcaked out, and with cupcakes to make for his party, I went for simple. Buy a box of popsicles and bring it to school. Easy peasy. We picked up House of Donut donuts after school and I let them snack on those while drawing with sidewalk chalk. Roman got to open presents that night from us, Aunt Amy, and Nana and Papa. All Legos. Shocker. He's so excited. I love Legos because it keeps them busy for hours, but I despise how easily pieces are lost and (sadly) vacuumed up.
I'm not sure what possessed Roman to decide on a cowboy birthday party. The only cowboy items he owns are the little dollar store cowboy and Indian figures. I was prepared for Ben 10, Transformers, or Cars. But cowboys was great. Honestly, it's easier to find cowboy-themed items at the dollar store than it would be to find, say, a Ben 10 figure :)
Pin the Badge on the Sheriff
Yes, I drew the sheriff. It's my side job...haha. Kidding aside, I saw this drawing on the internet so I just drew it the best I could. Not too shabby, right? The kids each had a yellow star with their name on it. We blindfolded them, spun them around, and sent them to the sheriff. Most kids started off really good, but then second guessed themselves and stuck the badge on the wall, not even near Mr. Sheriff!


I was AWFUL at taking pictures this time around, but we also played "Corral the Animals" and I'd hidden 15 stuffed animals around the living room that the kids had to find and put into a laundry basket. This was meant to be an outside activity but since we live in WA, of course it rained. We also had each kid lasso their gift bags and since I haven't a clue how to make a lasso, they really just had to have the rope hit the bag :)
Roman got some great little gifts, such as a waterslide (it's like a rite of passage!) and a super soaker water gun (Carissa, totally getting you back for that :) and some Pokemon toys.

I searched Google Images for a fun cake idea but since I don't have fondant experience and I don't have an unlimited budget, I found, well, nothing. So I had planned to make each kid a cupcake with a badge (aka yellow star) and write their name in it with these edible ink markers I found at Walmart. And because I bought them at Walmart, they didn't work! So it was badge cupcakes, but luckily Roman loves me for more than my cake decorating experience!



Totally out of order, but here's Hayden with his sidewalk chalk mural!

Roman got this chalk from his preschool teacher, who probably didn't know that Dad doesn't like sidewalk chalk on his basketball court. But it's okay, it's Roman's birthday, how could he say no?

And, of course, Aubrey knows what's important. The donut! Chalk shmalk!

We also spent Roman's birthday at Hayden's last t-ball game. Roman snuggled up with daddy for most of the game. He loved cheering on Hayden and playing with his cousins during the games.

Opening up his presents from us that night. He's had his eye on that firetruck for months!

Here is some fun Roman facts:
*He loves to play Legos and play with his dollar store army men. I could put both things out and he could play for hours by himself. I love it.
*He loves giving hugs and kisses. He also loves to cuddle with me in the morning, it's a great way to wake up!
*Roman HATES getting his hair cut. He had a bad experience once where the razor (shaver?) got caught in his hair, and I'm sure it hurt, but now he thinks anything that cuts his hair will hurt. At least if daddy or I do it. Anyone else gets a smiley Roman in their chair.
*As hyper as Hayden is, Roman is more of the dare devil. There's not a whole lot he won't do. Hayden has fears of the unknown (say, a waterslide that is dark) while the adrenaline totally pumps through Roman's little body.
*I call Roman "Pokey" a lot. He is so SLOW! I'll be casually walking through a store - not speed walking, mind you - and he's still miles away from me like I'd just sprinted away! He walks slow, eats slow, sometimes tells me stories that just drag because he loses his concentration. He's the kind of kid that does things in his own time and sees no need for rush (unless I say "Let's go to McDonalds" and then that kid runs!).
Roman's Favorites:
Color: Blue
Subject in School: Math (really? Do they even do that in preschool?)
Cartoon: Lego cartoons
Movie: Cars and Cars 2
Food: Fries (me too, bud)
Candy: Gum
Toy: Legos
If he was a superhero, this would be his superpower: To shoot hot lava from his hands. So don't mess with him!
1 comments:
I think the party turned out super cute! Sorry we missed most of it, but it looks like the kids had lots of fun. Happy belated birthday Roman!
Post a Comment