Jeremiah is bugging me to update the blog.
So Hayden had his first Primary talk today (for those who are not Mormon, Primary is like Sunday School for little kids). His topic was how to prepare himself now to enter the temple one day and have an eternal family. This morning - yes, this morning because I'm a procrastinator - I wrote down things like "Read my scriptures" and "Listen to my mom and dad" (yeah, I wish!) on top of paper and posted pictures for each. The very last picture was of Jeremiah and I on our wedding day in front of the Salt Lake Temple. I stole it from our wall as we were leaving the house.
On the way to church, I asked Hayden if he was nervous to stand up in front of his friends and give a talk into the microphone. He said, "At first I'm going to be nervous, but then I won't be so nervous anymore." Glad he had that planned. Then I told him I would stand up with him and help him remember what to say. He didn't want me up there, he said his friends would help him. Unfortunately for him, it was me up there whispering in his ear what to say next. He did pretty good, he mumbled at first and seemed weirded out being up in front of everyone, but got the hang of it towards the end. Jeremiah said he understood most of it.
On a side note, before his talk we were watching him interact in Primary since he didn't know we were there. Hayden raises his hand for EVERYTHING! Even when he doesn't know the answer or the question doesn't pertain to him, his hand is up. It's really cute how involved he is in his Primary. He loves it and looks forward to it every Sunday. I'm just waiting for him to be asked to give the prayer, since his prayers usually include "Thanks for the library, Spiderman, Mario, and for Jesus to be healthy." I'll keep you updated on that one. I'm so proud of my little man!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Church Talks

Posted by
Kelli
at
9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Aren't primary talks fun?? I think sunbeams give the cutest talks. And Hayden is so cute - and I'm glad that he is praying for Jesus' health. I didn't know he was feeling under the weather :)
It is always important to remember to thank Heavenly Father for Spiderman and Mario. So glad that Hayden has his priorities straight. I never forget SpongeBob in my prayers. What a cute kid. Thanks for the cute story. I miss primary...
What a cute kid! He's getting so big!
How funny. I've never personally assigned a Sunbeam a talk (since that it part of my secretary calling) but now I kind of want to so I can see what all the fuss is about. Good job Hayden!
hi--found your blog through melissa's. i just had to comment because hayden was so stinkin adorable. he did a great job & we all love how he participates in the activities! :)
What a big boy! He is so hilarious! I can't believe how old he is these days...
Post a Comment