For Hayden's birthday I thought it would be fun to take him on a date, just me and him. Jeremiah's taken him out a few times, and it was my turn to spend some quality time with him. I decided to take him to Red Robin since his meal was free, he got ice cream at the end, and they would sing for him, all things I thought would make for a fun time. A bonus for me - I was craving their crispy chicken salad with poppyseed honey mustard dressing, so I was just as excited as he was.
Hayden was really cute at the restaurant. There were several people there celebrating birthdays, and every time the waiters started clapping and would walk by our table with a ice cream sundae and a balloon, Hayden would perk up and get really excited, only to find out they were singing to someone else, and he would get really sad. I finally convinced him that the waiters only brought his ice cream if they saw him eating his dinner really good, and after that he was a good eater and waited eagerly for his turn to get ice cream.
He finally got his turn, but when the waiters sang to him, he got really shy and just looked down at the floor, but was excited for his balloon and ice cream. He was a lot of fun and it was a blast to spend some time alone with him. 




2 comments:
What a cute idea! I am totally doing this for my kids' birthdays. Adam and I can switch off. I love that he was sad when the ice creams kept passing him up. How funny! Happy birthday tomorrow Hayden!
That it so cute that he would get sad! I can totally see it in my mind! Anyway, I am too stealing the idea of a birthday date. Happy B-day Hayden!!
Post a Comment