Friday, February 23, 2007

All My Children

10 Things You Didn't Know About My Children:

Just as a disclaimer, this is hopefully 10 things you really didn't know about them. I thought I'd give those who don't get to see my kids as often a chance to learn more about them.

1. Whenever I am cooking with a large pot, Hayden says I'm making soup, even though I've never made soup in a large pot. Whenever I have my candy thermometer out, he says I'm making doughnuts. I made those once.

2. No matter how much I clean my house, Roman will always find something to put in his mouth.

3. Speaking of putting things in his mouth, Roman loves to chew on strings: shoelaces, electrical cords, strings to toys...you get the idea.

4. Both my kids prefer to sit up with me while typing. In fact, Hayden is sitting on my lap right now. Roman sits up here too, but he is more likely to push a button that will cause my computer to do something crazy. Oh, and he's currently chewing on the internet cord.

5. Hayden calls coins "my moneys" and calls dollar bills "tickets." I can't convince him otherwise.

6. Both my kids loved watching football when they were infants. Either they are very much their daddy's boys or they loved the nice, big, bright green field. Roman would cry when Jeremiah would change the channel and would stop when he returned to the football game. Jeremiah is sure they are avid football fans. I have a different idea.

7. Hayden can count to ten in French. In fact, I hear him counting in French more often then I do in English.

8. At eight months, Roman is crawling and starting to pull himself up on furniture. Hayden was just barely starting to crawl at this age. However, Hayden had two teeth by now. Roman is still all gums (even though our pediatrician told us at Roman's four-month check-up that he was teething).

9. Hayden thinks "burgerfries" are synonymous with "Jordyn, Austin, and play". Whenever I mention one, he lists the rest.

10. My children love each other very much. Hayden is quick to sing Roman a song (usually "Child of God" or the "ABC's") when Roman is crying. He is excited to see Roman after naptime. Roman loves to follow Hayden around. They are going to be the best of friends. I can tell.

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

That is so cute. I didn't know a lot of that, but some of it I did. I love the title too... very soap opera fan-ish of you. I can't wait to see your kids in July (and one of them in May).

Sarah Anne said...

These were fun facts. Thanks for sharing. That's so great that you had two boys in a row. Seems like the way to go. I'm sure they'll be good friends.

Stina said...

I love that my kids are part of Hayden's vocabulary! Woo hoo! They're more like cousins that just friends...I love that! Hope to see you soon and hope you're all feeling better (especially Row-Man).

Celeste Pearson said...

I laughed through the whole thing! It's so funny what your kids will think of, especially the soup in the pot. Rix thinks that whenever I am cooking something it's pancakes. Or whenever we are out of anything, we need to go to Target. I can't wait to see your kids again!