We went to Seattle for a Hjelm family reunion, but I was desperate to see my family and went a day earlier than Jeremiah. I actually wasn't too nervous to fly with three kids, it was the long flight that had me feeling nervous. I get antsy and need to walk around and I swear I have more ADHD than Hayden does. While the kids were fine watching a movie, coloring, or sleeping (mostly sleeping), I couldn't stop coming up with an excuse to use the restroom or stand up. But I couldn't sleep, not unless I used the stranger sitting next to me as a pillow.
After arriving at the airport in Albuquerque, we grabbed a snack to wait for our flight. We happened upon Josh and Dana, Jeremiah's boss and his wife, who joined us for snacks. They were on their way to Vegas! Just then I got a text from the airlines stating that our flight was delayed by 4 1/2 hours. I immediately had Josh and Dana watch the kids while I ran to the gate to reschedule our flight. Because with the delay, we wouldn't meet our connecting flight in Los Angeles!
Luckily we got a different flight but we still had a four hour delay and then an hour stop into Phoenix before heading into Seattle at 1:30am. First, I was upset that we weren't going to LA and my dreams of running into David Beckham were smashed. Second, poor Carissa had to pick us up at 1:30 in the morning!
Redbox and my phone saved the day! We ate dinner and they watched tv or played my phone while I read magazines and called Jeremiah to complain about our delay.
Ready to go! We changed into jammies and have our pillow pets and I've given them melatonin :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment