Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Day of School

Isn't it kind of silly that the boys start school in a week and I'm just now posting about the last day of school...you know, from three months ago? What happened to this summer? I feel like we didn't do anything too time consuming but my blog is sure lacking!
I didn't get any pictures of my cute little Roman with his graduation hat. His teacher, as wonderful as she was (and Roman still insists she knows more than me!), didn't tell us they were having a little graduation event so I didn't go. Bummer! I'm sure he was super cute and all smiles.
Hayden, however, had a big 1st grade graduation event, which started with awards. Hayden got an award for perfect attendance (which was a shock for me, how did I not realize he hadn't been absent?!) and for being a great reader. Hayden's problem with reading lies in the fact that he's good at it and is always looking for a great book, but he doesn't ever really want to sit down and read it. It's a work in progress, he certainly doesn't get this trait from Jeremiah or me, because we both love to sit down in the evening with a good book.
After awards all of the 1st grade classes got together for a big bbq with a ton of food and sugary treats. All the families were invited, it was a lot of people, and it was fun watching Hayden try to figure out the purpose of yearbooks.
I'm so proud of both of my boys. They loved school and learning new things. They'd come home daily with a sentence that started off with, "Mom, guess what I learned..." or "Mom, did you know..." Hayden had a few principal's office visits, but hopefully he's learned a thing or two and will try to love his principal from a distance this year :)
They were also lucky to have cousins in their classes (Roman had Jack and Bryce, and Hayden had Olivia. Rix was in the neighboring class) and to have their Nana Lynda as the secretary. It sure saved me on days when I forgot to give them a quarter for popcorn!
Hayden with his attendance award...knock on wood he keeps on staying healthy!
Hayden and his crazy awesome teacher, Mrs. Fields. Did you know I went to school with her brother? We knew her as HJ's little sister :) She was wonderful with Hayden!
Hayden showing off his self-portrait.
Hayden's class, and of course he's next to Olivia, someone I refer to as his "frenemy" because they had a great love/hate relationship :)

0 comments: