There are two days of the year that I can expect to be waited on hand and foot. My birthday is one and Mother's Day is the other. Especially Mother's Day, I work hard dang it!
I slept in which was amazing. Jeremiah usually lets me sleep in a bit on Sundays, but there was something about sleeping in on Mother's Day that made me feel extra special. When I woke up, Jeremiah had made this for me and then gave me my Mother's Day gift. Besides sleeping in and a scrumptious breakfast, he also bought me a new shirt at JC Penney and gave me a gift card to get something else there. Jeremiah's always pretty good at buy clothes for me. Ladies, you're welcome to take him shopping with you anytime :)
I love the little handmade things the kids give me. The boys brought home little notepads they'd made in church for me, and Aubrey gave me a hot pad with her handprint on it. Too cute! They even sang to me in church and I loved watching their faces as they sang. They were looking right at me the whole time, I was so proud of them, even if Roman was more interested in chewing his gum than singing the songs.
The night wrapped up with fajitas made by the guys and cheesecake purchased at Costco (is that cheating if they don't necessarily make the dessert???I demand a do over). This is another thing I love about Mother's Day. We're required to stay away from the kitchen. Fine by me!
Friday, June 10, 2011
My Day!
Me and my rascals. I love them!
Mom surprised us each with a pedicure gift certificate which we used this past weekend. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more - the pedicure or the super mega massage chair that I sat in. I could have laid there all day. It was awesome. I went with the girls, Mom, and Olivia. Olivia even got a rainbow manicure (aka an array of neon colors on her nails). I think every mom needs a pedicure. Monthly, at least.
I love being a mom. My kids drive me crazy and there are nights I get very little rest because my little ones are having nightmares and need their mom. There are days that I am in tears by lunchtime and I'm ready to hand them off the a perfect stranger just to have a moment of peace. But any bad day is outweighed by how amazing each of my children are. They never judge me and love me even when I haven't showered and my socks don't match. After a hard day at work they instinctively know that I need a hug, or a smile, or a silly song to cheer me up. They can't go to bed without a Mommy hug, and I can't imagine my life without them. I'm truly blessed to have such crazy, ornery, lovable, sweet, and unique kiddos.

Posted by
Kelli
at
12:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jealous of your breakfast! Mine was delicious, but yours looked really good too! Glad you had a great day!
I too love Mother's Day! For all sorts of reasons, but pampering is always nice!
And for the record, Carissa and I went to Costco to pick up the cheesecake - lame! Next year we'll have those boys trained!
Ah, that's so sweet. I'm glad that you were properly taken care of. You are right. You work hard for it!
Looks like a perfect day ... and you DEFINITELY deserve it lady! Glad you got spoiled! :)
Post a Comment