Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best Bites

I love Our Best Bites. Carissa introduced them to me just before their cookbook came out and I was it was love at first sight. Or bite. Whatever. Everything I make from their cookbook comes our perfectly.

I've fallen in love with a few of their recipes.

Like their bread dough = pizza dough = lots of bread-like things like these:




They posted this amazing breakfast casserole, too (I know it's amazing because Jeremiah made it for me for Mother's Day and it looked just as good. Tasted even better) :




I'm also in love with their black bean soup, chicken taquitoes, taco chicken, and just about any of their desserts.

I promise I don't creepy stalk them. I just happened to find out they were visiting a little bookstore in Puyallup and Carissa and I planned our whole day around that visit. So what if I called in sick to work? I got my cookbook signed! And I got to meet these lovely ladies who are killing my waistline!


I think Aubrey is in shock, too. She's not just bored. These will one day be her idols too :)



Proof Carissa went with me. That I didn't go stalking - I mean visiting - all on my own!




Is it crazy to feel kind of star struck by these stay-at-home cooks? They are exactly what I want to be. Creative, inventive stay-at-home moms who love food and can support their families in a way to stay at home with their kids and have fun doing it. I can't wait to one day get more creative with my recipes and be able to share those with others.

3 comments:

CANDACE said...

Love it! There's nothing like a great cookbook. I'd love to come up with something to do from home that I love that would provide for my family; always exciting to see it happen for others!

Celeste Pearson said...

You and Carissa are creepy stalkers of them. Really. You are.

Someday I will get on the best bites bandwagon too!

Carissa Poyfair said...

No, I seriously make at least one or two of their things a week, and some of them are staples in our house now (sweet and sour meatballs, chicken taquitos, taco chicken...) I'm their #1 fan :)