Although not the biggest Thanksgiving fan, I do love the holidays because it means awesome sales at my favorite stores...oh, and family visiting! Jeremiah's sister, Amy, and her ladykiller son, Edmund, visited us for the Thanksgiving week. It was nice to have her around, she's full of energy and we got out of the house a lot more than we normally do. She even took me on a "date" to see New Moon - although I could have done without the 40-somethings behind me swooning over Jacob Black's every screen appearance.
Edmund and Aubrey got along like, well, siblings. Edmund loved to grab at Aubrey and Aubrey loved to grab at any toy Edmund happened to be playing with. She even threw her girly fits with him, screaming in his ear, and making him cry. But they had their moments of peaceful playing and it was fun to see them together.
One of the many activities that Amy suggested was a trip to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point. The boys and I got there early and decided to peruse the shops (well, I decided...they would have happily played in the itty bits of snow on the ground). While looking in the toy shop, they came up to me with big suckers in their mouth. Apparently they thought the open bins of bulk candy were just there for the taking. Luckily I had my wallet and some change and paid for their sins. I drooled over the store's clothing, pricey enough to match my utility bills, and then met up with Amy, Nana, Natalie, and Edmund for the zoo.
Yes, that is Roman wearing Jeremiah's scarf. He's deemed it his own scarf, and Jeremiah replaced his with a new one.
Thanksgiving Day was as expected. I woke up eager for the morning newspaper and all the Black Friday ads. I spent the morning making my Blue Ribbon Apple Pie (below) and thought it looked amazing. We then met everyone for "Planet 51" at the theaters. The boys loved it, Jeremaih thought it was awful, but I didn't have much of an opinion since Aubrey preferred crawling the halls to watching the big screen. Thanksgiving Dinner was totally worth the wait, of course. Steve always makes the best sweet potatoes with pineapple (although I will always have a spot in my heart for my mom's sweet potatoes!) and the turkey was delicious. I brought over a store-bought pecan pie, plus my apple pie and a pumpkin cheesecake. We played Mexican Train and the boys played ping pong.
All the cousins in attendence, plus Nana: Hayden, Natalie, Aubrey, Edmund, Nana, Taylor, and Hayden. This was the best shot I could get, and Aubrey had just woke up from a nap. Maybe next year we'll brave professional photographers!




4 comments:
Love the apple pie picture. I want to eat it! Those cupcakes were really big, too. I'm glad Steve didn't eat all the sweet potatoes this year! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend. Yours was much more interesting than mine. We're getting our tree up next week sometime but it will never be as cute as yours!
Sounds like such a fun weekend! I wish we could have been there to eat your yummy food. And your kids are getting so big. I'm bummed we haven't seen them in like forever!
Aubrey looks so grown up in the cereal pictures!!!
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad the food was so yummy. And, your pie did look amazing! Did you add the picture to our blog? Sorry you wussed out for Black Friday morning. Maybe we'll have to hit the after-Christmas sale together again!
Post a Comment