Monday, January 7, 2008

Tidbits of our weekend...

As many of you know, I (well, my sisters and I) turned 28 on Saturday. I opened my birthday present from Jeremiah while we were in Washington because I kind of saw the charge on the credit card, so he gave in and let me open it. Anyway, he got me a binder to hold my scrapbooking pages and a circle cutter for scrapbooking that cuts circles 2-inches up to 9-inches. For those that are crazy enough to scrapbook, these are exciting tools, especially because a) I have like 100 scrapbooking pages in a pile that are not yet in a book and b) I HATE cutting circles by hand, but I do it anyway =) We went to Red Robin for dinner because hello- free birthday burger! We then walked around the mall for a little bit before returning home. It was a great day, even though I feel just a little bit older.


Both my kids are in new places at church. Roman is finally in nursery, which actually occurred during our Washington trip, but at that point he had Hayden and his cousins in nursery with him. This Sunday Roman entered nursery and immediately began crying and clinging to me. It was pathetic and I wanted to cry with him. I stayed with him for about 15 minutes and then decided to just make a run for it, making the nursery leader promise that if he cried longer than 10 minutes to come get me. I could hear his sad cry down the hall, I hope he gets used to nursery because that was really hard for both of us! Also, Hayden is now offically in Primary as a Sunbeam. He was way excited to go, and here I thought he was going to have a problem with the lack of playtime. Instead, he was eager to answer every question presented to the kids. When they finally called on him to answer the question, "How do we get to Earth?" his response was, "We go to the airport!!!" He also got a Primary crown and a CD of primary songs that he insists we listen to in the car. He also insists that I not sing when said CD is playing.

Hayden smiling but not looking, because of course he looks at me until just before the picture is taken.

After six months in our ward, I finally have a calling...ready for this?! I'm the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society and I am responsible for Enrichment. I've never had a calling that required me to actually do much of anything, so this is a huge calling for me, wish me luck. Jeremiah laughs that there must have been a lapse in inspiration...I guess I'm going to be needing support from the rest of you just to make up for his lack of...=)

Lastly...as mentioned in my previous post, our luggage did not make our flight from Minneapolis to Cleveland. It has now been 6 days since our flight and our luggage is still MIA. We have repeatedly called Northwest Airlines trying to locate our luggage, and every time we hear a different story. Our kids are without their Christmas presents, Hayden is without his blankie, and we are without a lot of our clothes and our own presents. Anyone want to scream with me?!

7 comments:

Destiny Rayburn said...

I'll scream for you! That is horrible. Time to "call your lawyer" and get this BS over with!

Robin D said...

I can't believe you still don't have your luggage! I would be so mad especially w/ Hayden's blanket if he's anything like Kaiden is! When we traveled we kept his blanket w/ our carry on just in case.
Happy late Birthday to you and your sisters! Have fun scrapbooking and cutting all of your circles.
I totally miss Red Robin...its so yummy!

Carissa Poyfair said...

That's cool he got a crown in Sunbeams. Olivia got a sticker on her sticker chart for sitting with her class and not me :) How funny that the older grandkids are in Sunbeams now. They're still babies to me! And happy birthday. Glad you had fun.

Stina said...

Wow, Kell. I'm excited for your Enrichment calling. You will be absolutely great at it. And, when you want to vent--call me cause I did it for 3 years!!! You are so creative, so it'll be really fun for you to have this outlet. Congrats on Sunbeams--so fun! And good luck with Nursery. Austin still struggles. And what the heck about your luggage?

Celeste Pearson said...

I'm glad you finally got your luggage and I'm still impressed with your ability to handle the situation. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and the local media would be hearing from me 24/7 to run my story! Anyway, Hayden is so cute in his crown - how grown up! Happy birthday (although I already told you that over the phone) and keep on blogging!!!

Megan said...

That is a bunch of crap that you don't have your luggage!! I would be so mad. Your poor little kids who don't have their presents and Hayden without his blanket. That is ridiculous!

Mia said...

Ooohh! I am upset for you about the luggage lost situation! I would be so upset. Happy B-day. And I love that you are not allowed to sing with the CD - how hard because I love all the primary songs and sing them without a cd! That's what 3 years in primary will do to you!