Friday, July 6, 2007

Unemployed and (almost) uninsured

Not everyone who is unemployed is excited about it, but we are! Today is officially our last day's of work, although I did not go in to work today. Our health insurance expires next Friday, which probably means both kids will get sick on Saturday. So hurray (or as Carissa would say, hurreee!) that we are done with work, but we will definately miss the friends we have made in the workplace. It has been an emotional rollercoaster for us the past few days - more for me then for Jeremiah, who isn't a girl and doesn't cry as easily as I do.

Hayden is actually doing pretty well considering we've packed up most of his toys and movies. It has given him an opportunity to expand his imagination, and he has spent a lot of time coloring and writing. Today he learned the letter "H" and writes it everywhere. He also does a lot of playing with his superhero figures and I've seen a lot of imagination through that too. His prayers tonight consisted of thanking God for popcorn and Mickey Mouse and he asked God to please bless the number one. What can I say, at least he's saying his prayers right?

Roman is in that awkward baby stage where he knows what he wants but doesn't quite know how to ask for it. He isn't grasping signing like Hayden did, and instead prefers to yell at me until I figure out what he wants. He has reverted back to crawling, which is fine with me. I anticipate one day he will just stand up and start walking and everyone will be happy with that. He loves to play peek a boo with me and started blowing kisses. He now also says, "Uh oh" when he drops something. He is the cutest baby and I love him to pieces.

Well, Jeremiah starts school August 15, which gives us about six weeks to get packed, move, and spend some quality time in Washington. Wish us luck, we are about to have a busy week =)

3 comments:

Destiny Rayburn said...

good luck! i'm so excited and so sad. i don't want you to go and i don't want to miss out on the boys growing up. i feel like they are my little buddies and i love them so much. but i'm so happy for this new opportunity for you and your family. it's a huge step foward and i know you will have much success! love ya~

Carissa Poyfair said...

Cute little posting. I am sad you are leaving Utah but sosososososo excited you are moving close to me! Now we need to find a way to get Celeste in Ohio and we're set! Oh, and show me how you did that cool slide show!

Celeste Pearson said...

How about you all move back to Utah like we originally planned and then mom and dad can move out and then we can have like our own little city??? How about that, huh?