Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our little princess


So I mentioned Aubrey's birthday in my last post, but she's such a sweet, amazing girl that I felt she was owed her own post. One day I promise she will care that I did this for her. Right now she thinks "blog" is a noise a frog makes.

Aubrey is 3 years old going on 16. She is smart and creative and loves to get her away - I wanted to say manipulative but that just sounds mean. She's not mean, just...gifted. And spoiled.

Here are some fun Aubrey facts:

Aubrey LOVES:
  • Her morning cartoons, usually Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, My Little Pony (or My Little Hony in Aubreyese), and Bubble Guppies. Not all in one day. I do have to limit her, though, because she is a couch potato.
  • Baths. She used to cry at the mention of water, now I have to drain the water in order for her to finally climb out.
  • Singing random songs that make no sense. She usually sings about what she's doing or what she sees, but sometimes the song is a mix of "Child of God" where she was given an earthly home with parents with "nice hair" and then she goes into princess songs and back to "Child of God." She also sings for a bit before falling asleep at night. We need to get that on video. It's too cute.
  • Food. Seriously, it's a joke in the family to hear her say, "Mom, I'm hungry." Because, literally, she's always hungry! It's 10am right now and she's already had cereal, eggs, and a tomato, and she is telling me she is ready for lunch. Either she's growing vertically (aka growth spurt) or she's just going to be growing horizontally. Either way, she's growing.
  • Anything princess-y. I can get her to do just about anything if I insert the word "princess" into my sentence, such as "Aubrey, can you put on your princess scarf? It's pretty cold outside." Or, "Aubrey, eat your princess soup so you can be a good princess." Works every time.
  • Being, well, lovey. She's so quick to apologize (Oh, hawry Mama!) when she does something wrong, and is always giving hugs and kisses, even to people she's just met. I know, she has no boundaries, but I'm just excited she's past her shy stage.
Aubrey DOESN'T love:
  • Bedtime. She will always come up with an excuse as to why she shouldn't have to go to bed just yet. I'm pretty sure she picked this up from her brothers. Her favorite excuse? She's hungry. No surprise there.
  • Getting her hair brushed. She has been known to hide the brush, throw it away from me, and cry as if I'd just broke her arm. But she also cries if I suggest we cut it. It's almost to her waist. Trust me, it's going to get cut.
  • Sitting down for meals. She'd rather take a few bites and then run and play for a bit. It's a work in progress, she's doing better but she's pretty quick at sliding under the table when we're not looking and run into her room. We need to invest in some strong tape to keep her in place.
  • Getting in trouble. Even if it's something like, "Aubrey, you're stepping on my toes." Her eyes will well up and she'll give me a hug and hope that I'm not too mad. I don't know where she picked that up. It's very dramatic. I blame Olivia.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yup, that about sums Aubrey up! I love her little quirks. Let me know if you ever talk Jeremiah into letting you cut her hair.

Stina said...

I have such a soft spot for little Aubrey. She is simply the cutest! Take a picture of her hair! I want to see it! And her bangs are growing out!! Glad she's past the shy stage so that she'll just love me next time I see you guys.

Celeste Pearson said...

That is so cute! I love her version of "Child of God" - you need to get that on video too!