Sunday, May 22, 2011

Girls Night (finally!)

The girls and I hosted a GNO (Girls Night Out for those who don't know the lingo, up there with LOL, POS, and TTYL). It's been months since I've had a GNO and I was excited to have some girls over for some chatting and eating (and eating...). Celeste and I were both chosen through Crowdtap to host an Old accessories party. We received a box of Old Navy scarves, sunglasses, totes, a purse, and a hat. We had the most fun with the scarves since none of us were to scarf-savvy and didn't know how to wear them. We tried different styles until we'd figured out several ways to wear scarves. All the girls went home with a few Old Navy pieces, our friend Tessa loved her fedora hat, and Mary wore her new scarf to church today and it looked way too cute. I have to give a shout out to Our Best Bites for their cheesy garlic rolls, they were divine! Carissa made Russian meatballs (something like cranberry jelly, Thousand Island dressing, a few other things) but they were delish, and Celeste surprised us with chocolate-covered strawberries and marshmallows. It was a spread that would send any dieter running, but not me! I also would like to give Crowdtap and Old Navy a shoutout. This is our third sampling. First we got to try Old Navy's ankle jeans, then we got to choose a dress from their spring line. I heart Old Navy and I heart them even more when they give me free things. And then give me coupons to give my friends free things. :)


Carissa wore this scarf. I loved it with what she was wearing. I'm pretty sure she wore it home.



Tessa discovered her love of hats. Apparently it's been awhile since she's worn a hat but she spends a lot of time on her in-laws boat so this is perfect!


Kim showed off another way to style the scarf. This also was perfect with what she was wearing!

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Oh boy, what a terrible picture of me. BTW, the recipe is 1 bottle Russian dressing (I used Thousand Island because I couldn't find Russian), 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce and 1 envelope onion soup mix. Mix and pour over frozen meatballs and cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours.

It was lots of fun. Thanks for inviting me!

Celeste Pearson said...

What?!? No ugly pics of me?? Bummer :) It was tons of fun getting together with the girls and eating "healthy" food and talking. It's what I do best - eating and talking.

Stina said...

How in the world do you get free things from Old Navy? You girls are always scoring!