Friday, October 8, 2010

Soccermania

This was technically our second date to a Real Salt Lake game, but our first one was after my tragic accident, in which we said a sad goodbye to the purple beast...I mean the Corolla. It's pretty safe to say this date went a lot better. Maybe because Jeremiah was driving? Or we were in better moods? I wasn't crying half the time?

We had dinner at Paraside Cafe, otherwise known as the restaurant-sort-of-like-Panera. We then met Jeremiah's friends Brett, Matt, and Erik Nielsen(all brothers) and Matt's wife, Amber. It was like Nielsen overload, but luckily they were (mostly) on their best behavior. We had pretty good seats, which isn't too shocking because just about any seat at the stadium is a good seat.

The opposing team (Canadians, I think, which spurred all sorts of jokes from the boys) scored a goal within ten minutes. We thought the game was over! Lucky for us, it was the Canucks only goal. Jeremiah and Matt took turns trying to explain soccer rules etiquette to me. I love soccer, even if I don't always get it. Although I have to complain slightly that the only bottles of water available at the stadium are Fiji water bottles, about the size of a shot glass (okay...maybe slightly bigger) and $4. For water. Soda was cheaper!!!

Apparently dark skies and distance makes for bad pictures...but, these guys are great. Obnoxious at times, but great. They come to every game and beat drums, play trumpets, throw streamers and on and on...the whole freaking time. They are like Real's biggest fans.

The final score. What a game!!!
Oh my gosh...we went on a date!
Jeremiah and his three troublemakers...I mean friends. Erik, Brett, and Matt.

5 comments:

Stina said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I wanna go. Think the kids would enjoy it? You are a hottie!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've never been to a soccer game but it looks like lots of fun! I'm glad you got to go on a date without any car accidents this time :)

Shill and Company said...

You guys are looking good! Glad to see you were able to have a night out without your kids. I am confused though, I thought you had moved...like out of the state. Obviously not. Where are you?

Celeste Pearson said...

Fun date night! And even better that they won (and you didn't have another accident!).

Sarah said...

looks like fun! I showed Nick and he was jealous ... he LOVED going to those games!