My sweet baby girl turned one on Saturday. Josette took us to lunch at PF Changs, and Aubrey was a huge fan of the chicken filling for the lettuce wraps. She also had the people around us falling in love with her. I can't help that we make such adorable children!
I'd been planning her birthday party for weeks, but was bummed out that it wasn't going to be this big event like the boys' first birthdays were. But I spent some quality time on her butterfly cake and on choosing her butterfly outfit for the party, and I splurged at the dollar store for some streamers, ballons, and a "Happy Birthday" banner. And, as Jeremiah reminded me, Aubrey really doesn't care at her age what her party is like, but for me it really is a big deal. My baby is one! And growing up!
We had a cake and ice cream bar party for Aubrey and invited some of our friends and family from around the area. Aubrey got some really cute gifts, including clothes (always a plus), a walker/stroller, some toys, some books, and a stuffed animal with her name on it. We got her a dress from the Gap that I can't wait to put her in. The party's theme was butterflies, so we had her dressed up in a onesie and hair clip from Stitcheroos, a tutu that Carissa made, and butterfly wings from Gardner Village. She was adorable. Let the pictures do the talking...
Here's a picture of the cake. I made 4-5 butterflies for each cake. It's easy to do, just a bit labor intensive. It's just melted chocolate, but the trick is keeping the chocolate warm so it doesn't harden too fast, so I had to keep putting the frosting bags in the microwave. It was worth the effort, though.




6 comments:
Holy cow she is too cute in her tutu! It turned out so much better than I thought it would. Your cake is beautiful, by the way. Do you still have my book? I can't believe how well everything turned out! Aubrey is ADORABLE. Celeste and I always talk about it and I think Madelynn is getting a complex. Seriously ADORABLE! Like a doll! I can't wait to see you guys even though I'm not sure when I'll see your kids again. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBREY!!! I remember when you were born and you are so worth the effort that your mom went through with all the eggplant parmigiana and the begging for induction!
Your party turned out awesome! You always make things so fun and cute. Can I hire you for the next party? I loved the cake. Aubrey is the cutest girl ever...besides Jordyn!!
SO ADORABLE! She is so cute in that tutu, good job Carissa!
I am very impressed by the butterflies. And, Aubrey is, of course, too cute in that tutu. It makes me excited to have a little girl.
I'll say it again. I NEED A GIRL! Her outfit was sooo cute and such a cute idea! She is so dang cute (just like Madelynn is!!). I love her hair and her eyes! And I'm way impressed with your chocolate butterflies (give that book back to Carissa so I can look at it!). Happy birthday Aubrey! Wish we could have been there!
That was a great party! Aubrey was adorable - as usual - but even more because of that tutu and wings! Sorry we couldn't stay longer. Love you!
Post a Comment