So Wednesday nights Jeremiah has class until 9:30pm, leaving me with the kids throughout the evening. Aubrey was a bit fussy and I wasn't sure what to do for her, so I put her in her Bumbo and turned on Dora (hey, it works for Roman!). Sure enough, I walk back in the room after a few minutes and all three of my children are glued to the tv. They are so a product of their environment!




We finally broke out the grill. Much to Jeremiah's initial dismay, we grilled chicken instead of a nice, juicy steak. Apparently in Jeremiah Land, steaks are the way to begin grilling season, but my freezer isn't stocked with steak, but it did have some chicken waiting to be eaten. Good news is Jeremiah loved the chicken, said it was SO good, and even stole some of mine. We ate it alongside pineapple that we'd battered in butter and brown sugar (sounds healthy huh?). It was delish, and the boys had a blast playing outside while Jeremiah cooked.

Poor Roman touched the grill. He's always so curious how things work and what things do, but I think he might stay away from the grill for awhile. He carried around an icepack all night, even taking it to bed with him.

Our grocery store invited the Easter Bunny for a visit, and the boys were estatic. It's all I heard about all week. They wanted to sit on his lap and tell him exactly what they wanted for Easter (sound familiar?). However, we learned upon arriving at the store that Roman is deathly afraid of large bunnies, even large bunnies who offer him Easter treats. So the store took a photo of Hayden sitting with Mr. (Ms.?) Bunny and Roman was totally fine sitting with me and not getting his pretty little picture taken. We then went on a scavenger hunt around the store, ending at the Eagle's Nest (the kid's play area where I normally drop Hayden off) where they each got a goodie bag, including a new book, stickers, tattooes (more about that later), and a pencil. They also got a cookie and some juice, and Roman braved up enough to wave at the Easter Bunny. Oh, and I got a call from the store because Roman won the big drawing. I'm not sure exactly what he won because I didn't really pay attention (who really wins these things?) but I think it's a big stuffed bunny (because we apparently need more stuffed animals) and a DVD. I just know they'll be excited when we pick up the prize on Tuesday.


I took this picture of Aubrey while holding her. Don't you just want to eat her? Or at the very least...kiss her cheeks?

Hayden went to his very first drop-off birthday party this weekend, and on the same night, my friend offered to watch the kids so Jeremiah and I could go on a date. So with Hayden at the party and Roman and Aubrey at my friend's house, Jeremiah and I went to dinner. It was lovely, even though I had to ban law-school-talk about halfway into dinner, only to have Jeremiah start in on politics. It's a Lafranca thing. We're trying to get in as many dates as possible before he leaves for Utah this summer.
Anyway...because I'm going somewhere with all this...Hayden's party had a pirate theme. He came home with a fake earring that I refused to allow him to wear in public. I caught Roman wearing the eye patch and earring today, I thought he was too cute.

I promise Hayden isn't sad. But look at those tattooes! Batman and pirates on one arm, Batman on the other, and he would have had an Easter egg tattoo except I sort of botched that one. My kids are obsessed. Hopefully they grow out of that before they realize you can actually get real tattooes that
never wash off!

Here's Aubrey during tummy time before bed. She's leaning because she prefers to roll onto her back instead of actually stay on her tummy. Lucky for her I'm persistant. Crazy me is eager to see her crawl!
6 comments:
How fun! My Giant Eagle hasn't had their Easter party yet, although it's always during church or too many kids show up. That's exciting that Roman won the big prize. And I agree, that bunny in the background is kind of creepy! Poor Roman!
Your kids are too cute. I love the close up pictures of Aubrey. My kids are also afraid of giant stuffed animals. One time we went to a BYU basketball game and Cosmo tried to give Jacob a hug, he completely freaked out. I felt bad for Cosmo.
Your kids crack me up. And, I'm totally up for letting kids watch TV lately. This Winter is getting way too long!!! I love the picture of the three of them watching shows together. So cute! I can't wait to see you this summer. And, we do have steaks in our freezer thanks to the cow the Pearsons raised in Heber. So, come on down for a bbq!!!
PS. Be prepared that Utah grocery stores don't do such fun things for kids!
The picture of your kids watching Dora is so funny. What better way to get a much needed short break!
If I ever move to Ohio, it will be for Giant Eagle. It sounds so fun! And Aubrey is a doll - she really is so adorable! I love that they were all glued to Dora. And FYI - my kids are ob-sessed with tattoos. We can't buy them fast enough. Hopefully it's a phase.
What a fun weekend! That is so cool your grocery store does all of that. I don't think they would ever do that here. Too many kids, haha. I love the picture of all of the kids in front of the TV watching Dora.
Post a Comment