Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Princess Me and other tidbits

So you know that story Princess and the Pea? We had the Disney book growing up. Prince Mickey invited Minnie to his house, and to test her princess status, a pea was placed under like a million mattresses and if Minnie was a real princess, she would feel the pea. Hated the story, wouldn't the pea get squished? And who wrote a story where a pea determined princessness?! Anyway, I have some sympathy for poor Minnie. I'm at that uncomfortable stage in my pregnancy where if I sleep on my stomach (and I'm SO a stomach sleeper) it feels like I'm sleeping on a golf ball. Or maybe Jeremiah snuck a pea under my mattress?

I told Hayden yesterday that after church on Sunday we were going to Olivia's and Jack's house, we'd play there for a few days, and then we were going to go on an airplane to Utah. Hayden doesn't quite understand days and thinks we can pack and go today, so I told him we had to wait for our airplane tickets to come in the mail. Backfired! Now he asks me every few minutes if the mail is here and if we can start packing. He's already packed their backpacks for the flight with all the essentials...some stuffed animals, some superheroes, a few books, and some obnoxiously loud toys that other passangers will hate me for.

Speaking of leaving, I've been on a cleaning spree since Monday because Carissa and Adam will follow me back to Toledo after I fly into Cleveland and I want the place clean. I hate cleaning, so I had to add this because I feel pretty special having motivated myself.

Lastly, I had my doctor's appointment on April 10. Everything looks great, she found the heartbeat (as in only one, sorry Celeste) and apparently I am measuring about 2 weeks smaller than I should be, so she's scheduled an ultrasound on May 8, the day after I get home from Utah. I'll be 18 weeks at that point and I'm hoping they can determine gender by then, otherwise I'll just have to wait 2 more weeks. Unless a Utahn who loves me is willing to shell out $100 for one of those prenatal places in the mall? =)

Oh, real quick, Hayden tested positive for strep on Friday. That's right, I took care of two strep kids this weekend. I am amazing. Roman is just fine. Hayden is still coughing a lot and is really sensetive. Test it out- if you call me, chances are you'll catch him crying because of something like I gave him 3 chicken nuggets instead of 4, that Roman has the green sippy and that's Hayden's favorite (apparently), or I told him we could not go buy matchbox cars at Target.

Sorry...one more thing. My friend Maria had her baby last week, they named him Everett and he is c-u-t-e! He doesn't even have that squishy new baby face, just this way cute face. Makes me really excited to have this baby and hold him/her and be a new mommy again.

Quick shoutout- Jeremiah took my last Diet Dr. Pepper. Does he want to see the wrath of a pregnant woman!? That is my life line!

14 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Lots of things to comment about, but I love that Jage took your Diet DP. Adam does that all the time, so now I make sure I have at least two 12 packs as a backup. Sorry you are at that stage in pregnancy. I was just thinking last night about how I hate sleeping when I am pregnant. Weird. And thanks for cleaning for me. I probably won't clean a lot for you. Sorry.

Jeremiah Lafranca said...

mmmm....Dr. Pepper

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

maybe jeremiah is pregnant. . .or a woman. Yep, he's a woman.

Robin D said...

It's a good thing it was diet b/c Jeremiah definetley could loose a few pounds the last time I saw him! ;)
Hopefully someone will pull through and you'll find out the sex of the baby in Utah. The sooner the better! I can't wait, I'm not sure how I didn't find out with Kalli b/c I'm so anxious to find out what everyone else's baby is!
Good luck with Hayden hounding you about the airplane ride. Kaiden is already doing that adn ours is well over a month away!

Stina said...

Well, just leave all those worries behind you and come see me!! Call me when you're available so I can leave days open for you!!!

Celeste Pearson said...

I wish i had $100 for you! I keep seeing baby girl stuff on sale and I need to know if I can buy it or not!!! And it is totally possible that Jage is pregnant - since he is a transgender and all :)

Carissa Poyfair said...

You should feel proud that Adam left a comment on your blog. That's a rarity. Anyway, I wish I had money for you to do that ultrasound thing too. I am also seeing lots of baby stuff I want to buy!

Jeremiah Lafranca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremiah Lafranca said...

I think Adam was just projecting his hopes for me to be a woman to explain for his unnatural attraction to me...or men in general.

Mia said...

You're so cute to give a shout out about Everett. He is pretty cute, but I am totally biased. Sorry about the strep. I am so scared about sick kids. I would love to see you in Utah.

Melanie said...

I love your title Princess Me :) Tell Hayden we are very excited to see him too. Sorry about the strep, but at least he got it before he came here right? Now they'll be pumped on antibiotics for a healthy trip! :) See you soon! And Congratulations on the One Baby! :)
p.s. Seriously Jage,you better come home with some Dr.Pepper!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I just wanted to leave another comment to see how many comments you can actually get. Double digits! WooHoo! See you tomorrow.

Megan said...

You have some crazy times in your house! I can't imagine being pregnant and taking care of two sick and cranky kids! I guess you must be super mom! I am really excited to see you when you come to Utah. I am planning on coming to lunch (I just found out that my grandma is leaving our house that morning, so I should be able to make it!).