Monday, August 27, 2007

The knot in my stomach

I just cannot seem to properly adjust to Toledo. We've been here 3 weeks, am I asking too much to be well adjusted, or even just slightly adjusted by this time? I still find myself sad and sometimes even crying because I cannot seem to let go of everything I left behind and accept being in a new place for 3 years. Little things remind me of so much, and I am constantly fighting the tears and the urges to call everyone I know and complain my sad little heart out. Like today I saw a newly washed car and I thought, "I really miss Bell's Chevron, I always got my car cleaned there." And don't ask me to go to McDonald's Playland anytime soon, because last time I did I literally bawled because all I could think about was going with Stina and her kids, and it's just not the same by myself. I don't talk about it too much with Jeremiah, he has enough on his plate with everything school demands from him. And my poor kids have to deal with a mom who tries too hard to be happy because otherwise I am a grumpy, tired, depressed mom and they don't deserve that. I even told Jage I didn't know if I wanted another baby here because then I won't have Dr. Holmes or UVRMC and that just made me too sad. Well, I get to run to the grocery store (not SuperTarget, though!) and I'll probably get lost returning our rented DVD, so wish me luck. Pour on the advice.

6 comments:

Destiny Rayburn said...

babyluv, i wish i had some advice. 3 weeks isn't very long. give yourself more time. is it as bad as utah was to you all those years ago? LOL! heehee. i'm so sorry you feel like that. i don't blame you at all. change is the hardest thing we go through in life. (at least for me!) i'm always here for you and i hope you know you can call me anytime and tell me all about the yucky stuff! =) i miss you tons but i love you more!

Mia said...

Okay, I understand....it sucks! And when you go back to Utah you will become so nostalgic. And by the time you have made friends in your ward and built yourself a life there, it will be time to move again. Oh the joys of post-graduate school. I've decided if Doug wants his MBA, he is going to BYU or the U. I love Arizona, but I miss my family. I promise you, it gets better and when I actually have my husband and my dog with me, I'll let you know if I adjust.

Carissa Poyfair said...

3 weeks is not enough time to feel adjusted, especially since you have never really had to live all by yourself before without friends or family nearby (2 hours away doesn't count). Honestly, you can't compare everything to your life in Utah because it's not the same. I miss life in Utah, but my life is in Cleveland now so I make the best of it. Make some friends- introduce yourself, invite them over for dinner or dessert... just break out of your comfort zone(that goes for Jage too!). It took me almost 2 months to feel somewhat adjusted. Give it more time and keep yourself busy.

Celeste Pearson said...

When I first moved back to Washington it took me several months to get used to it again, even though mom and dad were near. I would walk around Target just to get out of the house and I hated going to church because I didn't know anyone and Bryan had a calling so I didn't see him. Find a hobby you always wanted to do (knit me some baby beanies!!!) or start making homemade cards to sell. And call me if you want to complain - my life is boring and I can always listen to you and offer advice where I can. Love you and see you in three months!!! (That is not a long time!)

Stina said...

I don't know what to tell you because I know you know it all already. Just know how much I really love you and that I'm always here for you. Please call me whenever you need me. And, I'll do better calling you too (once my family is gone). It can only go up from here!

Robin D said...

I don't have much advice that you haven't already been given. It took me a while to adjust to our move last year and I moved back to my hometown where I still knew a lot of people. But any move is big especially when its w/ kids and you think about all the friends you and they had and now you feel you don't have any. Just keep on truckin' and it'll get better.